Pages

tiistai 23. lokakuuta 2012

My Typical Day In Sydney

Hi everybody! One of you asked what my typical day here in Sydney is like. Well, I've been living here for almost a month and I think I'm now starting to have a daily routine. I usually wake up at 8 o'clock and take our dog Zimba out; before cuddling and kissing with him of course!


After an approximately 40 minute walk, we come back home and I give him breakfast and browse online news. For all the single girls out there, I just found an awesome new site which is all about trying to figure out why guys text in the evenings. The site was inspired by a Sex and the City movie. It's the scene where Louise (from St. Louis) is wondering why the guy she is dating texts her at 23:30... and then Carrie answers "Boo-tee"... Go check it out, it's hilarious! 



I start working at 10 am and continue til late in the evenings because of the time difference to Finland. I don't mind it because I love what I do. As I'm working as a freelance journalist, I have the privilege - as well as the responsibility - to make my own schedules. For me, working at home suits me very well. I have nothing against the jacket-suit-dress-code at work, but I feel my most creative in my pajamas hair all messed up. I can't reveal what I'm writing right now, but I'll keep you updated when my articles get published... 



Around 4 pm I take Simpulainen out again and start cooking dinner. While preparing the food, I might occasionally drink a beer. I've been introduced to some really good ones here. This one here is a low carb Skinny Blond Beer. Love it! 



In the evenings from 6 pm til 10 pm we like to read, watch movies or write our blogs. Sometimes we go for a walk here in the Rocks with our dog and enjoy some gelatissimo. I adore Italian ice cream and my tummy was super happy to find it Down Under...  



At 23 is time to say night night. I've been really really missing my baby. He's a miniature dachshund named Hercule who will join us in December. Right now he is enjoying the Finnish fall and is waiting for his trip to Australia at my aunt's place. I will introduce him to you guys as soon as he gets here! 

That's all folks! Bye! 

3 kommenttia:

  1. Kuulostaapa leppoisalle sun arki siellä! :) Toi on totta, että jos vaan rakastaa työtään, niin sitä voi mielellään tehä montakin tuntia päivässä ilman kyllästystä. Ite en tiiä pystyisinkö keskittymään kotona työskentelyyn, eksyisin varmaan koko ajan puuhastelemaan jotain muuta! :D

    Kiva oli lukea sun normipäivästä Jensku! :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Ainii Herkusta tulikin mieleen: Kallen Nuunuu sai 3 pentua neljä viikkoa sitten! Kävin kattomassa niitä toissapäivänä, omg ne oli niiin ylisöpöjä, että en löydä sanoja! Yks niistä oli sellanen tosi rohkea ja kiipesi (=möyri) häkistä ulos mun syliin!! Ja ne ei viel osannu kunnolla edes kävellä vaan enemmän meni takaperin! <3 Aivan älyttömän suloisia otuksia! :)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Voiiiiiii pikkunuunuut! Villen veli kertoikin siitä mulle kun kävi ilmi, että Hercule ja Nuunuu on sukua! Ts. Herculekin sai uutta sukua! Mut voi että.... mä en kans keksi sanoja miten söpöjä semmoset otukset on! Näin itse Herculen ekan kerran kun se oli 5 viikkoa vanha ja meinasin alkaa itkeä. Se oli maailman valloittavin!

    Ja siis kiitos kommenteista, ei täällä pelkästään leppoisaa ole, ja mua surettaa ja huolettaa kovasti, miten H selviää kaikesta mikä on edessä. Mutta se siitä nyt taas.

    Palataan! :)

    VastaaPoista

Kiitos!